Years ago, on a day when we both must have had a brain freeze, Cam & I bought a couple of weeks of a Marriott timeshare. Our property is the lovely Mountainside Resort right there on the hillside next to the ski lift at the Park City Resort.
Buying and owning a timeshare is a love/hate relationship. We hate the fact that the maintenance fees go up every year, that we couldn't resell it if we wanted to and that I am always working on where we are going to go next. (I am the family travel agent) But we love the fact that we have been on some pretty awesome vacations from France to Hawaii to Mexico and lots of states too, by exchanging our weeks. We try to exchange for a 2 bedroom property so that there will room to take extra people. We now know that we are going to vacation several times a year and Cam can't say that he is too busy or can't go.
Until this August, we had never stayed at our own property there in Park City. So this year we decided that we would get it for a week and let the married kids come and go at their leisure.
We had a great time. It was close enough for the men to come and go to work when they needed to.
We were able to take our boat up and park it there and go over to Jordanelle 3 times that week.
Some rode the Alpine Slide or rode bikes up the mountain. We were able to go to the Farmers Market at the Canyons, go shopping at the outlet malls and eat out.
We were able to swim and hot tub all day and all night. A few of us walked the streets into and behind Main Street. One of us used the gym every day. We had to play musical bedrooms as we had to adjust when everybody was there or when we were down to 3. I loved being with my family, playing games at night, going to walks and playing with my favorite little person.
So, all in all, it was a good week to be together in PC.
I don't think it was a brain freeze! I love the timeshare and all the great vacations and a toast to many more great vacations!
ReplyDelete