Sunday, February 20, 2011

Christmas 2010

This is my first attempt at blogging. My daughters have had blogs for a while and they finally convinced me to try my hand at it. So I am going backwards and starting with last Christmas as my first post.


A family tradition that we have is to always sit on the stairs prior to coming down into the living room to open presents. It used to be just my 4 kids but throughout the years people have been gone occasionally so they weren't in the picture. This year we have 3 kids plus their spouses and even a grandbaby.

 We also act out the nativity every year. We used to have our children play the parts and dad was always the donkey. This year we had Kaile & Cambria as Joseph & Mary and we had our own baby with Brecken. He didn't really like being swaddled. The head gear is authentic stuff that I bought when I was over in Israel many years ago. We have used it every Christmas for years.
Kissing on the stairs is usually optional!!!
This year you might notice that our second son Carter is not in the picture. That is because he is serving a mission for our church in Honduras. He still had a stocking hung for him but it only had the flag of Honduras in it.
We miss him a lot......especially at holidays.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you have a blog now! I want to see all the fun places you go and fun things you do! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world!
    By the way, I found a preceptor for summer-thanks for your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogging! I think its fabulous that you have started your own blog. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great first post! I am really impressed that you started a blog and you will find it is a great way to journal (my sis prints out her blog on BLURB). My blog is private but would love to add you to it! Have Canessa e-mail me your e-mail and I will add you to list! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete